Saturday, June 9

I've not been doing well with this blogging business, have I? I'll try and do better, promise. Part of the reason is that I haven't had anything to talk about, and, unlike some bloggers, I don't have anything waiting in the wings. I should start putting some together, perhaps...

Today, however, a rare concatenation of circumstance (I had some money, and the use of a car) led me to the Jo-ann's Superstore that I've been wanting to visit ever since it opened three years ago. I scouted the web-site first, and found several things I wanted, so was full of anticipation when I arrived.

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I was.

There were aisles and aisles of silk flower arranging stuff, and mostly "cutesy" yard and garden "decor" stuff; a few interesting beads in the two aisles of mostly uninteresting and lower end "jewelry" making supplies; a couple of baskets I wouldn't have minded owning if the prices had been a little less unreasonable; a lot of drapery and home decor fabrics I would like to have gotten into; and so forth. The yarn department was, not completely unexpectedly, mostly devoid of anything I would want to knit, but knitting, especially in the summer, is not exactly a prime activity in the south. And so it went. They didn't have the two major things I wanted, of course.

I ended up buying a new pair of Fiskar's, a ball of #5 perle cotton, and two sets of cheap DPNs, #s 1 and 3. Sigh...

Yesterday morning I got up and frogged all the stitching I had done the night before on one of the models I'm doing. I had misplaced a motif by one lousy stitch, and since I used that motif to key off of for the rest of the work I did, it was all off that same one lousy stitch. Ordinarily I would fake it, but this particular item is very geometric, and oh boy did that one stitch off jump out. You'd think I'd have noticed it the night before, when I was doing it! It was a case of not seeing the forest for the trees, I guess. I was fixated on the small area I was working, and not looking at the design as a whole.

I finally bit the bullet on the sock, and frogged it back to the toe. I've got 1 and a half repeats of the pattern re-knit, after revisions to the "design", and will get more done tonight.

This sort of "one step forward, two steps back" has been dogging me all week, and I'm getting tired of it!

Normally, I don't indulge in this sort of thing, but Anne, over at Knitspot, challenged her readers to take this one, and post the results for comparison purposes. The week is still with me, though. Anne is an Index finger. Here's mine:

You Are a Ring Finger

You are romantic, expressive, and hopeful. You see the best in everything.
You are very artistic, and you see the world as your canvas. You are also drawn to the written word.
Inventive and unique, you are often away in your own inner world.

You get along well with: The Pinky

Stay away from: The Index Finger

No comments: